Your health care is our number one priority. When you call the clinic, the receptionist will give you an appointment with one of the people on your health care team.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- You will be asked to update your Health Card and personal information. It is important that you bring a valid Health Card to every visit.
- A team assistant will bring you to the exam room and may take your blood pressure or additional measurements depending on the reason for your visit.
- You will meet with your provider and will discuss your health concerns.
- If a follow up appointment is needed, you will be given information on how to book a new appointment with that provider.
While we aim to see all patients in a timely manner, emergencies do happen and you may be seen later than your scheduled appointment time.
As a Stonechurch patient, you have access to a doctor 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The clinic does close, but we are always available by phone.
Follow these steps if you need help when the clinic is closed:
- If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately!
- If it isn’t an emergency, call us.
- Select to speak with the On-call Doctor.
- A doctor will speak with you about your health concern. They will help you decide what happens next.
- You and the doctor will decide if you need to see a doctor right away, if you can wait until the next day to see a doctor, or if you don’t need to see a doctor at all.
- The doctor will also provide advice on how you can manage your symptoms.
- You will then speak with a receptionist who will book your appointment.
The clinic is open every weekend and holiday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The phone is answered between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Open Access means we leave part of each day open to allow for same day appointments to be booked. This ensures you get faster access to a doctor or other health care professional.
Follow these steps to book an appointment within 24 to 48 hours:
- Call us between 8:30 to 10 a.m.
- The earlier you call, the more likely you will get an appointment that day.
Follow these steps to book an appointment several days or weeks in advance:
- Call us after 10 a.m.
- Have a list of preferred dates ready to tell the receptionist.
Our Family Medicine Residents play an important role in your health care.
Who is a Resident?
A resident is a fully graduated medical doctor who is completing an additional two years of education in family medicine. They work with a specific family doctor to provide you with the best health care possible.
How does that affect you?
They are typically the person you will see in the majority of your appointments. They will follow your care for the two years they are with the clinic.
Each resident is monitored by one of our family doctors at the clinic through cameras in the room. This allows the family doctor to give them feedback and advice on providing your health care.
Residents are one part of a larger team that works together to care for you and your family.
If you are a patient at Stonechurch, call us to book your next appointment.
If you are not a patient at Stonechurch, contact us about becoming a patient.
Although we are available 24 hours a day by phone, the clinic does have regular hours for when our doors are open.
- Monday: 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Same day appointments only.
- Sunday: Same day appointments only.
- Holidays: Same day appointments only.
How we protect your Privacy:
- The Physicians and staff at the McMaster Family Health Team treat your personal health information with respect and sensitivity in accordance with the Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA) and all other applicable laws.
- We take steps to protect your personal health information from theft, loss and unauthorized access, copying, modification, use, disclosure and disposal.
- We conduct audits and investigations to monitor and manage our privacy compliance.
- We take steps to ensure that our physicians and staff and any other person who performs services for us protects your privacy.
For more information please review: Privacy Notice – McMaster Family Health Team