Call for Nominations: The 2022 Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care
The Division of Palliative Care, Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University invites nominations for the 2022 Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care.
This prize is awarded in honour of Dr. Elizabeth J. Latimer, pioneer and internationally renowned Palliative Care physician and educator. The prize provides an opportunity to honour not only Dr. Latimer, but also other colleagues whose work continues to pave the way for growth and improvement of palliative and end-of-life care in our region.
The Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care recognizes a palliative care clinician, teacher, researcher, or administrator who best represents the spirit of Dr. Latimer through a record of advancing palliative care in the McMaster catchment area and has demonstrated:
- a commitment to compassionate, comprehensive palliative care to patients and their families &
- a commitment to interprofessional collaboration and support &
- a spirit of pioneering, trail blazing, and innovation &
- initiative and perseverance that has resulted in the advancement of palliative care
As well as at least 2 of the following:
- excellence in clinical care
- excellence in teaching and the development of academic thought
- outstanding leadership and support for colleagues
- participation in policy or system development at the regional, provincial or national level
Nominations are welcomed until February 3, 2022 and must include a letter of nomination that speaks to the candidate’s work, endeavors, and accomplishments in palliative and end-of-life care. In the letters, please address the criteria as outlined above.
The Selection Committee will meet after February 3, 2022 to review nominations. Recommendations will be made to the Executive Committee of the Division of Palliative Care. The Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize will be awarded at the Elizabeth J. Latimer Lecture in Palliative Care.
A completed nomination package including all supporting documentation should be sent to:
The Chair, Selection Committee, Elizabeth J. Latimer Prize in Palliative Care
c/o Clareen Akshinthala, Division of Palliative Care